Preparing for Your Visit
In preparation for your exam at Jefferson Outpatient Imaging, we ask that you:
- Oncology: fast for 6 hours prior to PET/CT exam
- Neurology: fast for 4 hours prior to PET/CT exam
- Drink plenty of water (NO soda, coffee, juice or tea)
- No gum or hard candy the day of your PET scan. Sugar in the body can affect test results.
- Wear warm, loose, comfortable clothing without zippers or metal of any kind. These may interfere with your imaging study.
- Take any scheduled medications. Diabetic patients must call 1-866-Jeff-PET for specific instructions before taking oral medication or insulin.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time (30 minutes for MRI exams) to complete any necessary paperwork.
- Have your insurance forms, referral information and doctor's prescription in hand.
- Present a photo ID and any insurance cards you would like for us to file for you upon arrival.
- A 24 hour notice is appreciated for any cancelled appointments.
- In the best interest of your child's safety, we must ask that you please make arrangements for their care while you are having your test performed at our facilities.
A representative will answer any questions you may have regarding your procedure, including test preparations and directions. An insurance specialist can also direct you when a referral or pre-authorization is required for a procedure.
We ask that you please bring any recent CT, MRI or PET films with you if they were not performed at a Jefferson facility.