In This Section
Preparing for Your Visit
On the day of your MRI Enterography:
- Fast for 4 hours prior to arriving for your MRI exam. You can drink water during these 4 hours.
- You can take all medication as usual.
- Arrive 1.5 hours prior to your appointment time for registration and to take oral contrast.
- There are no instructions for after your MRI study. You can eat and drink normally.
Here's how to prepare for your MRI:
- No dietary restrictions
- No pacemaker
- No electrical pacer wires
- No defibrillators
- If you have an aneurysm clip, heart valves, or other implantable devices, please bring documentation about the type, make/model and implant date
- If you have a neurostimulator, we may be unable to perform your exam. We will make every effort to contact you before your appointment if this is the case.