The Pharmacy Department — celebrating 50 years in residency training — is recognized nationally as a leader in providing pharmaceutical care. We have received an ASHP Best Practice award in Health-System Pharmacy for our Pharmacy Directed Transition in Care Program in Anticoagulation Management of the Orthopedic Population, have been featured in an ASHP PPMI practice "Spotlight" for our patient care model and have received ASHP Pharmacy Residency Excellence Awards for the PGY1 residency program in 2012 and Preceptor in 2008.
Jefferson offers several exceptional post-doctorate residency opportunities:
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency is designed to provide a broad range of experiences to those preparing to become generalists or seeking an additional year of experience prior to pursuing a specialty. Experiences are included in both the acute care and ambulatory settings. Jefferson, with its diverse patient population and considerable resources, offers an excellent setting in which the resident can practice.
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Drug Information provides an intensive training experience in interdisciplinary drug policy development and implementation, evidence-based medical information and medication safety.
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Infectious Diseases is designed to develop clinicians with the knowledge and skills necessary to practice as infectious diseases specialists. The focus of the program is clinical practice involving experiences with multiple infectious diseases, specialty services and the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program.
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Cardiology is designed to develop clinicians with the knowledge and skills necessary to practice as cardiology specialists. The focus of the program is clinical practice involving experiences with critical care, acute care, ambulatory care and wellness services and programs.
- PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in Critical Care is designed to develop clinicians with the knowledge and skills necessary to practice as a critical care pharmacy specialist. The focus of the residency is clinical practice, involving experiences with multiple interdisciplinary critical care teams in a variety of ICU environments.