Jefferson Health Hospitals Among Nation’s Best According to U.S. News & World Report Rankings
PHILADELPHIA — The specialty care provided at Jefferson Health hospitals ranks among the best in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. In the regional rankings, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Inc., ranked 2nd in the Philadelphia metro area and 3rd in Pennsylvania. Abington Hospital ranked 6th in the Philadelphia region and 11th in Pennsylvania. Jefferson New Jersey and Jefferson Northeast tied for 13th in the Philadelphia metro area, while Jefferson New Jersey ranked 11th in New Jersey and Jefferson Northeast ranked 21st in Pennsylvania.
“Delivering exceptional care and outcomes with compassion and empathy is part of the mission for each hospital within Jefferson Health,” said Bruce Meyer, MD, MBA, President of Jefferson Health. “U.S. News & World Report’s recognition of the hospitals and services across the enterprise with strong rankings is a testament to our dedication to that mission.”
U.S. News & World Report ranked eight Thomas Jefferson University Hospital specialties among the nation’s best:
- Cancer (23rd) – Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center—Jefferson Health
- Cardiology and Heart Surgery (48th)
- Ear, Nose and Throat (21st)
- Gastroenterology and GI Surgery (16th)
- Geriatrics (38th)
- Neurology and Neurosurgery (21st) – Vickie and Jack Farber Institute for Neuroscience— Jefferson Health
- Ophthalmology (2nd) – Wills Eye Hospital
- Orthopedics (10th) – Rothman Orthopaedics at Jefferson and The Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center at Jefferson Health
Nephrology, Pulmonology, Rehabilitation (Magee Rehabilitation Hospital remains 13th in the nation) and Urology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals were noted as high performers in the specialties rankings.
U.S. News & World Report also rates hospitals for nine common procedures and conditions. Jefferson Health hospitals are rated as high performing in several of the categories, with knee replacements receiving a high performing rating at all Jefferson sites.
Senior Media Relations Specialist