Provider’s Patient Ratings
At Jefferson, our mission is to improve lives, and that begins by putting our patients first when it comes to the care provided at Jefferson Health. One of the many ways we hold ourselves accountable for care is by conducting patient satisfaction surveys for our providers. We have partnered with Press Ganey to conduct these surveys and provide patient experience analytics and measurements to make sure we are helping others.
For more than 30 years, Press Ganey’s mission has been to support healthcare providers in understanding and improving the entire patient experience. They have partnered with more than 26,000 health care organizations, and are an industry leader in helping improve healthcare organizations patient experience.
Who Receives the Survey
The survey is e-mailed or mailed to Jefferson Health patients within a few days after their appointment at a Jefferson Health facility. The survey allows patients to rate different parts of their care through a ratings scale and comments. We take this data and use it throughout all aspects of the Jefferson Health patient care experience to improve our operations and ensure we are providing quality care to our patients.
The ratings displayed on our provider profiles are based on patient responses to questions about the care provided. Some examples are:
- How the provider talked with you using words you could understand
- Concern the provider showed for your questions or worries
- Explanations the provider gave you about your problem or condition
- Friendliness/courtesy of the provider
- Provider's efforts to include you in decisions about your treatment
- Instructions the provider gave you about follow-up care (if any)
- Information the provider gave you about medications (if any
- Your confidence in this provider
- Likelihood of your recommending this provider to others
- Amount of time the provider spent with you
Each question receives a provider rating between 1 (very poor) and 5 (very good). Those scores are then translated into star ratings for display on our website; the score values have not been altered.
Providers Without Ratings
Ratings are shown only for those providers that have received 30 or more survey responses during the year.