Among the Nation's Best for Cancer
U.S. News has named Jefferson among the best hospitals in the nation for Cancer care.
If you are diagnosed with uterine cancer, the experienced team of Jefferson's Gynecologic Oncology Program have expertise in treating women with both premalignant and malignant conditions of the reproductive organs. Our physicians often collaborate with other cancer specialists at Jefferson, especially radiotherapists.
Bringing together the expertise of Jefferson gynecologic surgeons, oncologists, pathologists, radiation therapists and radiologists, your medical team will give a thorough evaluation and devise a personalized treatment plan based on the nature of your cancer and if it has spread to other parts of your body. The most common treatment is the surgical removal of the uterus through a hysterectomy procedure, which Jefferson surgeons have performed successfully for many uterine cancer patients.
Support for Uterine Cancer Patients
Additionally, we will provide you and your family a support network that includes specially trained nurses, educators, fellow patients and cancer survivors. Among the wide variety of support programs offered at Jefferson is our Buddy Program, which matches cancer patients with trained volunteer cancer survivors who have been through treatment themselves. These volunteers provide one-on-one support either over the telephone or on-site in the waiting area at the Bodine Center for Radiation Therapy.
You can also access services to meet your emotional and psychological needs during your course of treatment through the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health.
Why Choose Jefferson for Treating Uterine Cancer in Philadelphia?
- The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson is a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated cancer center. The NCI applies this special designation only to regional referral centers with a high level of clinical services and participation in national clinical trials. This special status as a national center testifies to the work of our basic and clinical scientists and physician researchers, who are on the forefront of advances against cancer.
- As one of only six cancer centers in the nation designated as a Center of Excellence by Fertile Hope, our Center physicians provide reproductive support to cancer patients and survivors whose cancer treatment may pose risks to fertility.
- The Division participates as Principal Investigators with the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG), the national cooperative research organization for investigating new therapeutic approaches to treat uterine cancer.
- The Center's physicians and scientists have helped pioneer new approaches to cancer treatment by translating scientific discoveries into improved patient care.
- Our physicians are experienced in using the most advanced treatment methods and technologies and are at the forefront of developing new chemotherapies.
- Jefferson is also home to the region's busiest radiation oncology center and one of the largest programs for cancer treatment in the Delaware Valley.