Preparing for Your Visit
Prior to Your Exam
- Do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight.
- If you are diabetic, please consult with your physician about your medication dosing.
Preparing for your appointment is the best way to assure that you have a visit that is as successful and productive as possible. You will need to set aside a certain amount of time for the visit and allow for a number of steps.
The following may help make your appointment at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson go smoothly:
- Arrive 30 minutes early so that you have time to complete any needed paperwork.
- Have knowledge about your medical and family history and/or bring the completed health questionnaire which may have been sent to you. This information will help us care for you.
- Bring a list of your current medications and allergies.
- Have your insurance information, including your insurance card with ID number and group number and prescription plan information.
- Bring referrals from your primary care provider if your insurance requires.
- Be prepared to pay any in-office co-payments necessary.
- Bring any relevant radiologic images (x-rays, ultrasounds, PET, CT, MRI, bone scans and others- in either film or CD-ROM format) and pathology slides and their written reports.
- Bring a pen and paper to take notes and written questions you would like to ask.
- If you have one, bring a copy of your advance directive. Download a living will document (PDF).
- Download the forms you will need to fill out and bring with you (PDF).