Preparing for Your Visit
What to Bring
Thank you for choosing Jefferson. In order to make your first visit as smooth as possible, we ask that you complete the Gynecology Medical History and Registration form (PDF). Please bring all forms with you for your appointment.
If you need a medication refill, the process has changed as of March 10, 2008.
- To request a medication refill, you must call the pharmacy where you originally had the medication filled.
- Be prepared to give them your name, the reference number on the bottle, the medication name, the doctor's name and the office's fax number: 215-923-1089.
- Once the pharmacy has your information, they will contact our office for approval.
- This approval process can take up to three business days to complete.
- After three business days, please check with your pharmacy for pickup of your refill.
Note: Requests for narcotic or new medications will not be filled; these will require a doctor's appointment.
Again, you must call your pharmacy for refills. The fax number for medication refills is 215-923-1089.
Thank you for choosing Jefferson Gynecology for your care. In order to provide you with the best possible care, we ask for your cooperation in completing several forms prior to your first visit.
For our Center City office, please download the Center City Gynecology New Patient Packet (PDF).
For our Methodist Hospital office, please download the Methodist Hospital Gynecology New Patient Packet (PDF).
- Wear comfortable clothing
- You will start with Registration
- Our surgeon will review all your health information and perform a physical exam
- Treatment recommendations will be discussed
- Additional testing and/or surgery will be arranged if decided on
- Expect to be with us for two hours
Gather Your Information
We will request specific information from you based on your symptoms, diagnosis and any prior treatments. If you have not submitted this information electronically or faxed, please bring it with you to your appointment.
- New Patient Packet - Complete this form prior to seeing your physician
- Initial Visit Questionnaire (included in new patient packet)
- Bring all breast imaging studies, both films and reports including:
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRIs
- Breast biopsies
- Pathology reports and slides
- All diagnostic imaging studies, both films and reports including:
- Bone scans
- CT scans
- PET scans
Please Note: Breast imaging studies and pathology slides and reports only needed if not done at Jefferson or Methodist hospitals.
What to Bring With You
- Valid photo identification, such as a driver’s license or passport - We cannot register you without a valid photo ID
- Referrals (if your insurance plan requires)
Other Items to Consider Bringing
- Your appointment schedule and other materials we have sent you
- The enclosed driving and parking directions from your new patient packet
- A small notebook for writing notes and questions
- Something to keep you warm such as a sweater, jacket or shawl
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- A book or magazine
Breast Surgery Office Locations
Our breast surgeons have the opportunity to see you in multiple locations. Upon scheduling, please verify the location of your appointment.
Jefferson University Hospital
Medical Office Building
1100 Walnut Street (corner of 11th and Walnut Streets), 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Jefferson University Hospital has affiliations with the following parking garages for reduced rates:
- Hamilton Building Garage on 11th Street between Walnut and Locust Streets
- LAZ Parking Garage on 10th and Chestnut Streets connected via a bridge to Jefferson Hospital
- Jefferson Hospital of Neuroscience Garage on 9th Street between Walnut and Locust Street
1300 Wolf Street, 1st Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107
1100 Wolf Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Methodist Hospital has an on-site parking lot
Send messages to your doctor's office, request prescription refills and more with Jefferson Health My Chart.