Women's Diagnostic Center at Methodist Hospital
Our Women’s Diagnostic Center at Methodist Hospital in South Philadelphia provides comprehensive breast screening utilizing digital mammography, breast ultrasound and MRI, BSGI and image guided biopsy and key women’s diagnostic imaging procedures.
Our radiologists and technologists are members of our multidisciplinary Jefferson Breast Care Team providing specialized care for women and men with both benign and malignant diseases of the breast.
Breast Imaging Services at Methodist Hospital
- Screening mammograms: an X-ray of the breast used to detect breast changes in women who have no signs or symptoms of a breast abnormality or problem
- Diagnostic mammograms: an X-ray of the breast that is performed to evaluate a specific problem or symptom in the breast
- Breast ultrasound: used to see whether a breast lump is filled with fluid (cyst) or if it is a solid lump
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): uses a powerful magnetic field, radio waves and a computer to produce images of the breast for detecting and staging breast cancer and other breast abnormalities
- Breast PET CT: fused whole body metabolic and cross-sectional imaging to help stage and follow response to chemotherapy
- Breast Specific Gamma Imaging (BSGI): or sometimes called molecular breast imaging or MBI- is a procedure that helps show the metabolic activity of lesions in the breast using a tracing agent like those used in cardiac stress tests.
- Image-Guided Breast biopsy: determines if cells/tissue are normal or abnormal. The three types are Ultrasound or Mammogram-Guided Biopsy, Stereotactic Biopsy and MRI-Guided Biopsy.
Other Women’s Diagnostic Services Offered
- OB/GYN Ultrasound: for pelvic and fetal imaging
- DEXA Scan: for diagnosis and monitoring of osteoporosis
To Schedule an Appointment or Contact the Women's Diagnostic Center
The Women's Diagnostic Center is located at:
To schedule an appointment for breast imaging studies and procedures, call 215-952-1234.
For general information regarding our women’s diagnostic services, call 215-952-9958.
If you need to obtain a copy of your images, call 215-952-9388.
Please allow two business days' notice for mammograms.