Adult Volunteer Program
Adult Volunteer Program applications are currently suspended due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are hopeful to open applications up in the near future. At that time, those who are selected will be contacted for an interview.
Application are generally available two times per year:
- Fall/Winter recruitment - late July
- Winter/Spring recruitment - late November
As a volunteer at Jefferson, you have the opportunity to impact our patients’ lives. Beginning on your first day, you are considered part of the Jefferson family, and you are trusted with the responsibility to help make a difference.
At Jefferson, we provide you with a variety of ways you can share your skillset and expertise. From interacting directly with patients and assisting families to lending a hand in the office, we’ll work with you to identify the best position for you to excel.
You’ll work with our volunteer coordinators to select the setting where you feel you can most contribute. You can choose from the following options:
- Clinical – work directly with patients and clinical staff to provide an optimal patient experience
- Clerical – assist Jefferson staff in one of our many departments and help with general office work, customer service and much more
- Service – deliver newspapers, sell candy, escort patients and family members among other critical responsibilities that help us make visitors to Jefferson feel at home
For questions about our volunteer programs or the requirements, please call 215-955-6222.
- Apply Online – incorrect applications will become void (you will receive a confirmation email when your application has been received)
- All potential volunteers need to complete an online application and MUST download and complete the Adult Volunteer Resume.
- To start the application process, go to https://recruit.jefferson.edu. Type Volunteer in the search box, press enter, scroll down to find “Adult Volunteer (volunteer services) – Center City." Then apply.
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a virtual interview.
- Selected candidates will be emailed the required documentation that must be filled out and submitted to complete application process.
- After successful completion of all clearances, candidates will be granted access to the online orientation.
- After submitting post-orientation documents to TJUH-Volunteers, email@example.com, candidates will be assigned orientation/training based on their department.
Candidates will be informed when they are ready for ID badge pick up. An ID badge is mandatory prior to first day of volunteer work.