Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a neurological disorder such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, a brain tumor or an aneurysm, you want to find the right physicians with the expertise to devise the right treatment plan. That's what you will find at Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience. It is the only dedicated hospital for neuroscience in the Philadelphia region.
It's here that the most advanced treatment technologies, world-class specialists and leading-edge research come together. You can take comfort in knowing that Jefferson neurologists, neurosurgeons, radiologists, radiation oncologists and psychiatrists all work together to provide you with the best care possible.
Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience was the first in the Delaware Valley to offer such state-of-the-art technologies as:
- Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery (also known as stereotactic radiotherapy)
- Gamma Knife®
- Shaped Beam Surgery™
- Minimally invasive neurosurgery utilizing a robotically controlled microscope
- NeuRx DPS™, an FDA-approved device that helps individuals with certain types of spinal cord injuries breathe on their own again
Teleconsulting System to Evaluate Time-Sensitive Neurovascular Diseases
In addition, Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience launched Jefferson Expert Teleconsulting (JET)in connection with its Jefferson Health Neuroscience Network. JET, the region's first university-based high-tech mobile robotic teleconsulting system, allows Jefferson neuroscience specialists to evaluate time-sensitive neurovascular diseases, most notably stroke, in real time and without delay.
Leaders in the Treatment of Neurological Disorders
At Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience, we consistently achieve positive outcomes in neuroscience and are proud to share the following measures of excellence:
- Stroke. The Jefferson Comprehensive Stroke Center is one of the most advanced centers in the United States for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research of stroke.
- Epilepsy. The Jefferson Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is among the nation's most respected, focusing on research, diagnosis and treatment for persons with seizures, performing the most surgical operations and participating in the most investigational drug trials of any epilepsy center in the Delaware Valley.
- Spinal Cord Trauma. Jefferson is both an accredited Level 1 Regional Trauma Center and a federally designated Regional Model Spinal Cord Injury Center. In affiliation with Magee Rehabilitation Hospital, Jefferson is Delaware Valley's only Model Spinal Cord Injury Center, as designated by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research.
- Clinical Trials. Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience partners with the National Institutes of Health and leading pharmaceutical innovators to develop advanced interventions and drug treatments for acute and chronic neurologic conditions.
- Patient Volume. Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience annually treats the largest combined volume of brain tumors, spinal cord injury, aneurysms and AVMs in the Philadelphia region.