Our team of headache medicine specialists, fellows, psychologists, psychiatrists and nurses at the Jefferson Headache Center provide advanced care from the primary care level to when you are hospitalized and need specialized treatments.
The Jefferson Headache Center is a premier academic headache center, approved for accreditation to train fellows in the subspecialty of Headache Medicine.
We offer nearly any available treatment, including clinical trials. Our headache center provides:
- Experienced medication management. Because migraine syndromes are complex and difficult to accurately diagnose, it is important to see a physician who has extensive experience in headache medicine. All of our physicians are fellowship-trained in headache medicine and specialize in treating this disorder, giving you the experience needed to achieve optimal medical management.
- Infusion treatments in an outpatient infusion center dedicated to headache and multiple sclerosis.
- Botox injections. Researchers have found that this headache treatment can decrease the severity of headaches or reduce the amount of days they occur.
- Admission to an advanced, dedicated inpatient headache unit and occipital nerve stimulation for patients with particularly severe cases.
- Non-pharmaceutical treatments, such as behavior modification, stress management and diet counseling.
In addition, Jefferson headache specialists are recognized nationally and internationally as major innovators in the field of headaches, and have collectively authored or co-authored more than 450 articles in peer-reviewed journals, contributed to major texts in neurology and other specialties and taught and lectured widely in the U.S. and globally.
Outpatient Headache Treatment
Our outpatient infusion consultations are completed at the Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience in Center City, Philadelphia.
Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience
900 Walnut Street
Suite 200 (2nd Floor)
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Inpatient treatment is offered in South Philadelphia:
Jefferson Methodist Hospital
2301 S Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148