Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
Jefferson's Division of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry offers services for both inpatients and outpatients.
Inpatient Psychiatric Consultation Services
The Division provides psychiatric consultations to people who are hospitalized with medical, surgical and/or obstetrical illnesses that:
- Precedes their medical-surgical problems.
- Contributes to or cause psychiatric symptoms.
- Worsens coping with medical-surgical problems or the side effects of treatments.
Care is delivered by faculty, residents and medical students of the Division. Call 215-955-9545 for consultation requests.
Outpatient Psychiatric Consultation Services
- Dr. Elisabeth Kunkel is an expert in the psychiatric aspects of cancer. She also evaluates and treats people who have both medical-surgical problems and psychiatric needs. Call 215-955-6685 for consultation requests.
- Dr. Madeleine Becker is an expert in managing psychiatric problems in people who have medical illness. She provides outpatient psychiatric consultation for the Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Program. Call 215-955-6106 for consultation requests.
- Dr. Keira Chism consults with people who have unexplained physical symptoms or who have medical-surgical problems. Call 215-955-9545 for consultation requests.
- Dr. Dimitri Markov treats patients with various medical and psychiatric illness, sleep disorders and anxiety disorders. Call 215-955-5094 for consultation requests.
- Dr. Tal Weinberger consults on psychiatric issues in people who are in need of an organ transplant or who have medical-surgical problems. Call 215-955-9545 for consultation requests.
Insurance Accepted for Outpatient Services:
- Medicare and PPOs (check with insurance company)
Make an Appointment
Call 1-800-JEFF-NOW (1-800-533-3669) to make an appointment with a specialist at the Division of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry.