Preparing for Your Visit
Preparing for Your Appointment
Preparing for your appointment ahead of time is the best way to ensure that you have a productive and successful visit.
The following steps will help make your appointment run smoothly:
- Please bring any relevant radiologic images (ultrasounds or CTs in CD-ROM format) and their written reports. The registrar will download the CD when you check-in at the front desk.
- Download these forms to complete in advance OR arrive 30 minutes early so that you have time to complete the paperwork. This information will help us care for you and keep your medical records up to date. The forms include:
- A health questionnaire of past medical and surgical history, and current health providers.
- A list of your current medications and allergies
- Forms about your insurance. Please have your insurance information available to be copied at the front desk. This includes your insurance card (with ID number and group number) and prescription plan information.
- Bring referrals from your primary care provider, if required by your insurance company.
- Be prepared to pay any in-office co-payments, if necessary.
For more information or to make an appointment with the Jefferson Vascular Center, please call 1-800-JEFF-NOW or call 215-955-8304.
During & After Your Appointment
Depending on your diagnosis, the Center will either treat you noninvasively in our office and/or refer you to other Jefferson divisions or departments. If you are referred to other specialists, we will help you to schedule those appointments before you leave your initial consultation.
Within two weeks following your appointment, the Center will prepare an in-depth report in letter form. This report will be sent to your referring physician and any other physicians at your request.
Even after you've been referred to another division or department, the Center remains your single point of contact if you need help answering any questions or resolving any issues; we will serve as an advocate on your behalf.
Finally, after you've been treated, we will ask you to come back in for a follow-up appointment.