In This Section
For more information about our services, please visit our FAQ section.
- Health insurance required for all students
- Many different plans and coverage – important to know your plan
- Visits to UHS for illness – no charge at all
- Lab test or x-rays ordered will be billed through the student’s insurance
- Nurse practitioners and medical director available to evaluate illness
- Walk in hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 – 11:00am and 1:00pm – 3:30pm
- No charge for the visit
- Referrals are given to Jefferson OB/GYN for annual PAP smears/exams.
- General evaluations of acute problems are performed in UHS with potential referral.
- Consultations are provided to current students without charge.
- Appointments requested and suggested time frame is 6 weeks prior to departure.
- Prescriptions provided for certain vaccinations (Hepatitis A, typhoid, etc.).
- UHS it not a licensed yellow fever vaccination site.
- Travel Medicine Services can be accessed by calling 215-955-0860 for a discounted fee.
- Students who have an occupational exposure while in a clinical site should refer to the Occupational Exposures section of our website.
We understand you need to have a form completed for a rotation during your fourth year at an away rotation. Please review the following:
- It is important for you to read the form and understand what is required. There are many different requirements and they may not match what you have in UHS. Please do not assume you have all that you need.
- Please complete your personal information at the top of the form before handing them in. That includes your name (legibly printed), date of birth and whatever demographic information is requested by the outside institution.
- If your annual TB screen is out of date or if you have not had the flu vaccine, we cannot send the form. We will help you update the TB screen and get the flu vaccine prior to sending the form.
- If you need additional labs not required by UHS, we can order these through your insurance. A common extra test is the quantitative hepatitis B surface antibody.
- If you need a urine drug screen and we have nothing on file in UHS or a more recent test is needed, we can provide this test for a collection fee. The UHS staff can provide you with the cost.
- The cost of completing forms is $10 cash or check due when the forms are presented for completion.
We can return forms if:
- you complete a self-addressed envelope.
- you provide fax to a specific number and person.
- you pick-up the forms in person.
- you provide your email address.
- Please allow 5 working days to complete the forms.
- KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS IN CASE THEY GET LOST.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Each school has a different set of requirements for affiliates.
- Please follow your program’s directions.
- Last minute clearances are difficult.
- WE DO NOT FAX DRUG TEST RESULTS.
- UHS determines a student’s ability to be in clinical rotations or in class if ill.
- Documentation of the visit will be provided to the student if seen in UHS.
- UHS cannot provide documentation post-illness if UHS was not consulted at the time of the illness.