Sports & Exercise Medicine
No matter what stage of your life you are in as an athlete, Jefferson Sports and Exercise Medicine is there to provide you with all of the support and care you need. Whether you play sports in school or you are dealing with a long-standing degenerative disease, Jefferson Sports and Exercise Medicine is there for you every step of the way.
Providing non-invasive and non-surgical treatment options, the Jefferson Sports and Exercise Medicine team offers a wide variety of services, including, but not limited to:
- consultations and treatments for a wide range of musculoskeletal and sports-related injuries
- cortisone injections
- sports physicals
- exercise counseling
- ultrasound-guided procedures
- concussion care
- viscosupplement injections (gel supplement injections designed for osteoarthritis of the knee)
- platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- electrodiagnostic services
- expedited services to surgical teams at Jefferson, Rothman Orthopaedic Institute and the Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center
At Jefferson Sports and Medicine, our team continually stays up-to-date on the latest research and developments in sports medicine.
We direct and support the Athlete Health Organization (AHO), a volunteer organization that provides free, comprehensive preparticipation physicals and educational information to student-athletes in underserved areas of the greater Philadelphia region.
Our physicians specialize in both the treatment and prevention of injuries in order to help our patients achieve their best and live a healthier lifestyle, free of aches and pains.
Conveniently located at our Center City campus and the Navy Yard location in South Philadelphia, Jefferson Sports and Exercise Medicine is where students, professional athletes, weekend warriors and retirees are all treated with the same expert care.
Make an Appointment
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-JEFF NOW or request an appointment online. All insurances are accepted.