Jefferson Specialty Pharmacy
URAC-accredited for Specialty Pharmacy
Jefferson is URAC accredited for Specialty Pharmacy, showing dedication to patient education and safety.
Welcome to Jefferson Specialty Pharmacy
Our Specialty Pharmacy Team is committed to ensuring convenient and timely access to specialty medication therapy.
Specialty medications are used to treat chronic, complex and rare conditions, such as cancer, hepatitis C, and rheumatoid arthritis, to name a few.
Specialty medications are different because they typically:
- Cost more than regular medications
- Need to be taken on a very strict (and sometimes difficult to follow) schedule
- Have special storage and handling directions
- Are given by mouth (pills), but can be given by injection (with a needle)
- Require additional support and coordination amongst a large team of providers
We realize there are often additional hurdles to overcome as you navigate through the process of managing a chronic, complex disease, and there may be limitations such as your ability to follow difficult directions, stay compliant with the therapy or pay for high cost medications.
By choosing Jefferson Specialty Pharmacy you will receive a level of care that will lead to increased health benefits.
As specialists in the medications that treat your disease, we will help you:
- Manage side effects better
- Increase compliance with refill reminder calls
- With overall improvement of your disease ensuring the maximum therapeutic benefits
- Coordinate your plan of care with all of the members of your healthcare team
- Find financial assistance which may be available for your situation
For more information about our operations, services, and patient safety, please download our Jefferson Specialty Pharmacy booklet.
We are part of Thomas Jefferson University Health System in Philadephia, Pennsylvania.
Our legal name is Walnut Home Therapeutics, Inc. (WHT). We do business as Jefferson Specialty Pharmacy (JSP). We also have a division known as Jefferson Home Infusion Services (JHIS).
Please recognize that all of these names refer to the same organization. If you have any questions, please call us at 844-469-7542.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time)
834 Chestnut Street, T-150 (Basement level)
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Please use the entrance on 9th Street between Chestnut and Sansom Streets. This entrance location is next to DiBruno Bros. Restaurant. Call 215-944-8154 for more information.
Hours of Operation
24 hours a day, 7 days a week - A pharmacist is available for emergency pharmacy services.
After normal business hours, leave your contact information with our after-hours answering service, and the pharmacist on-call will promptly return your call.
Jefferson Specialty Pharmacy is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (the third Monday of January)
- Memorial Day (the last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (the first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (the fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas (December 25)
Pharmacy Emergency Disaster Information
If there is a disaster in your area, and you are forced to temporarily relocate, please contact us at 844-469-7542 to instruct us where to deliver your medication. This will ensure that your therapy is not interrupted. Be sure to let us know when you have returned to your residence.