Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) conditions can affect a child's hearing, learning, speech and sleep, and impact development.
Jefferson board-certified pediatric otolaryngologists in Center City Philadelphia have received special training in the unique care of children, for whom we perform a large volume of procedures, including tonsillectomies, ear tube placements, neck procedures and sinus procedures.
Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions We Treat in Children
Our otolaryngologists treat the following ENT conditions in children:
- Birth defects such as congenital abnormalities of the larynx and nasal passages
- Chronic ear problems and infections, including swimmer's ear
- Hearing loss
- Injury to the mouth, face or jaw
- Sinus problems such as bloody noses, nasal allergies and recurring sinus infections
- Throat problems such as recurring sore throats, enlarged tonsils and sleep apnea
- Neck masses, such as congenital conditions, infected lymph nodes and thyroid disorders
Why Choose Jefferson for Diagnosis & Treatment of ENT Conditions in Children?
When you and your child come to Jefferson for an ENT condition, you can expect:
- A comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis
- Nonsurgical and surgical treatment options
- An anesthesia team experienced in pediatrics, should surgery be needed
- A close partnership with the pediatric specialists at the Nemours Children’s Health System