Providing compassionate, research-based care personalized to you
When you come to Jefferson Health for Gynecologic Oncology, you gain a team of nationally recognized experts who are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care based on the latest research and technology. We are here for you 24/7 to provide personalized care with the most advanced treatment approaches available and supportive care services for you and your family.
Receiving a cancer diagnosis is a life-changing event. With Jefferson Health Gynecologic Oncology, you can trust that your care is in the best hands.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Cancer Center for excellence in cancer care and research
- Commission on Cancer (CoC) accreditation for cancer services
- U.S. News & World Report ranking as one of the best hospitals in the nation for Cancer care
- Philadelphia Magazine’s Top Docs™ award for 15+ consecutive years
- America’s Top Doctors and America’s Top Doctors for Cancer book series recognition 10+ consecutive years
Our team is at the forefront of gynecologic oncology with specialized training and expertise in treating gynecologic cancers and precancerous conditions affecting the female reproductive system. We also specialize in caring for patients who are considered high-risk for gynecologic cancers due to personal or family history or genetic risk factors.
We bring together a multidisciplinary team of specialists from across Jefferson Health to provide exactly the care you need. We partner with you and your family to create a personalized treatment plan based on your clinical needs and personal priorities. Your team may include:
- Gynecologic Oncologists: to lead your team with specialized training in cancers and precancerous conditions of the female reproductive system
- Surgical Oncologists: to provide advanced surgical care with a focus on minimally invasive approaches, including DaVinci robotic surgery
- Medical Oncologists: to perform chemotherapy, targeted molecular therapy and immunotherapy treatment regimens
- Radiation Oncologists: to conduct advanced radiation therapy to inhibit the growth of cancer cells in targeted areas
- Gynecologic Pathologists: to diagnose rare and challenging gynecologic cancers
- Genetic Counselors: to provide genetic evaluation and counseling for high-risk patients as part of our robust genetics program
- Fertility Specialists: to offer options to preserve fertility for patients who plan to grow their family post-treatment
- Plastic Surgeons: to perform reconstructive surgery to restore physical appearance and function following radical, open surgery
Message from our Director
“The physicians and staff of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology at Jefferson Health know that a diagnosis of cancer is devastating at any time in a person’s life. Whether you are a young woman just starting your family or a proud grandmother watching your grandchildren grow up, a cancer diagnosis makes time seem to stand still.
Each patient will require a unique approach to their diagnosis, and our goal at the Division of Gynecologic Oncology is to treat each patient with compassion and state-of-the-art care. Our multidisciplinary team will work with you and your family to make sure that you are provided with a tailored treatment approach to battle your cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and supportive care services.”
- Norman Rosenblum, MD
Our care goes beyond treating cancer to treating the whole person with support services to help you achieve the best quality of life during an otherwise stressful time. Along with our oncologists, our specially trained support team, including nurse practitioners, oncology nurses, social workers, therapists and technologists, partner with you and your family each step of the way to ensure you receive personalized and coordinated care.
You and your family will also have access to our Cancer Support & Welcome Center, which offers a range of services designed to bring people together and foster a sense of community. In addition, the Neu Center for Supportive Medicine and Cancer Survivorship offers supportive care services focused on providing relief from cancer-related symptoms, pain and stress. Our team is here for you to offer support you can count on to help you navigate your diagnosis and treatment. We ensure no one is alone in their fight against cancer.
Make an Appointment
If you have questions about our program or managing your visit, please check out our FAQ page.
Make a Difference
Philanthropy directly impacts our ability to provide the best gynecologic oncology care to all of our patients. Charitable donations, no matter the size, help us conduct clinical research to develop new treatment options and provide high-impact care and support programs for patients and their families. Thank you for joining us on our mission to redefine the future of cancer care.
Under "Choose your designation," select "Other" and specify “Gynecologic Oncology.”