Multidisciplinary Cancer Clinics
Among the Nation's Best for Cancer
U.S. News has named Jefferson among the best hospitals in the nation for Cancer care.
The Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson provides patients diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to see an experienced multidisciplinary care team - all in one location during the same outpatient visit.
Your team of cancer specialists includes:
- Medical and Radiation Oncologists
- Speech Pathologists
- Social Workers
- Oncology Nurses
- Specialized supportive care providers
The members of our multidisciplinary care clinics:
- Specialize in treating cancer at every stage of its development, from newly diagnosed to diseases that have spread.
- Provide innovative clinical trials to improve side effects of treatment without compromising care.
- Participate in a weekly board to review, as a specialty team, patients' medical records, pathology and imaging results in order to provide the best treatment plans and improve outcomes.
- Facilitate progressive cancer research with the goal of improving outcomes and the patient's experience during treatment, ultimately providing more therapy options for the patient.
- Create individualized treatment plans for each patient to best address their needs.
- Provide access to the Neu Center for Supportive Medicine and Cancer Survivorship services.
- Provide patients and families access to our Cancer Support & Welcome Center for supportive care services, information and a place to go to relax between appointments and treatments.
Dedicated Cancer Care Coordinators
Our Cancer Care Coordinators are key to helping patients access care and navigate their treatment. They assist with some of the challenges patients face by coordinating appointments and tests, gathering medical records, providing information and supporting them as they move through their treatment. Your care coordinator also acts as the point person for external and internal clinicians and staff for cancer services.
Multidisciplinary Cancer Care
Our multidisciplinary cancer care clinics are comprised of a dedicated team of some of the country's leading cancer specialists. Our clinics offer care for the following conditions:
- Brain Tumor
- Cutaneous Lymphoma
- Genitourinary Oncology
- Head & Neck Cancers
- Liver Tumor
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Uveal Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Sarcoma (and other connective tissue cancers)
- Senior Adult Oncology
- Small Renal Mass
Call 215-955-8516 and speak with a Cancer Care Coordinator to find out more information, refer a patient or make an appointment.
Preparing for Your Visit
Our Cancer Care Coordinator will provide you with the closest location to parking and public transportation, which are easily accessible to our clinics.
We provide discounted parking options for appointments.
At the time of your appointment, you should expect:
- Your Cancer Care Coordinator to work with you to collect all appropriate health records before your visit, including: imaging, pathology and labs.
- A single registration process for your visit with multiple providers.
- To stay in one location and one exam room - our providers come to you.
- The visit to take two hours since you will see more than one specialist.
- Access to oncology social workers, nutritionists and other services, such as: oncology support programs, including our Buddy Program.
- A post-visit letter to your referring physician (or other physicians you are seeing) that includes notes and treatment recommendations from the specialists who treated you during your visit.
- A post-visit summary for you to review.
- The Cancer Care Coordinator to assist in arranging "next steps" after your appointment, including: additional imaging, appointments and procedures.
Please bring the following items (if applicable) to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
- Referrals for all the specialists you are seeing (if insurance requires)
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Copays for each specialist you're seeing
Patients should wear comfortable clothing for their visit and may also eat before their appointment (there's no need to fast unless your care coordinator instructs you otherwise). Patients' family members and friends may accompany them as well.
If you have any questions, would like to learn more about our clinics or if you're ready to make an appointment, please call to speak with one of our Cancer Coordinators at 215-955-8516.