Jefferson’s first priority is your safety and, like many other health systems, universities and businesses, we are taking steps to ensure the health of its community. We are making every effort to prevent any possible spread of coronavirus to our patients.
While we are not running in-person programs at this time, we are delighted to offer the following online mindfulness programs:
This free introductory session provides a taste of the fundamentals of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, which has been shown to reduce anxiety, depression, and pain, and to improve well-being.
Through meditation and awareness exercises, we will explore this practical time-proven approach to living fully in the present moment that has helped thousands of people achieve greater balance, vitality and health.
What you will learn:
- What mindfulness is and how it can reduce stress and enhance well-being
- A taste of mindfulness meditation
- More information about Jefferson’s Online Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program
Mindfulness is a meditative process that quiets the mind and releases physical distress. Through mindfulness you can experience greater vitality and well-being in the present moment. Participants are asked to make a strong commitment to attend all sessions, and to practice meditation/relaxation techniques on a daily basis throughout the eight-week program.
You'll learn to:
- Live more fully, with appreciation in the present moment
- Reduce the physical effects of long-term stress on the body
- Identify habitual, maladaptive ways of handling stress and choose healthy alternatives
- Reduce emotional reactivity, learning to handle anger and other strong feelings
- Become more sensitive to your own needs and those of others
- Communicate more effectively and compassionately