Preparing for Your Visit
- Clear liquids 4 hours prior to arriving for your CT exam.
- You can take all medication as usual.
- Please arrive 1.5 hours prior to your appointment time for registration and for the administration of oral contrast.
- There are no post instructions after the CT study. You can eat and drink accordingly.
Medical Records Pertaining to IBD
Once you have scheduled your first appointment with the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Program of the Jefferson Digestive Health Institute, you will need to gather some important documents. Please be sure to bring all medical records – especially those pertaining to your IBD.
Examples may include:
- Procedure reports – upper endoscopies, colonoscopies, ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and/or EUS (endoscopic ultrasound)
- Pathology reports – if you have had a biopsy or surgery, please bring these records
- Laboratory tests – including blood work
- Imaging studies – including X-rays, upper GI and small bowel series, CT scans, MRIs and/or ultrasounds. Please bring the reports and, if possible, the actual films (preferably on disc)