Family & Community Medicine
Jefferson Health MyChart
Send messages to your doctor's office, request prescription refills and more with Jefferson Health My Chart. Learn how to sign up today.
Physicians and patients from throughout the Delaware Valley have come to know Jefferson for our quality of care in family medicine. As one of the strongest family medicine programs in the country, Jefferson family practitioners will work to develop long-term relationships with you and your family to ensure that your health is maintained by:
- Assisting you in managing chronic diseases
- Ensuring your vaccinations are up to date
- Performing complete medical exams so that more serious conditions are diagnosed properly and timely
- Offering programs to help with weight loss, smoking cessation, stress management
- Providing some of the best medicine to help you maintain a healthy and active life
One of the many benefits of seeing one of our physicians is that should a situation arise where additional specialty opinions and care are required, you and your family will have access to our specialists so that there is continuity in managing the condition and good communication with your primary care physician.
Types of Family Medicine Services Available
Below is a sample listing of the types of services provided by our family medicine physicians:
- Annual health evaluations
- Flu shots, allergy injections and vaccines
- Physical exams for sports, school and summer camp
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Preventive care, health screening and physical exams for individuals of all ages
- Routine care for women, including Pap smears, pelvic, breast exams and contraception
- Ongoing care of chronic problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension) and asthma
- Minor surgical procedures such as draining abscesses, biopsy and removing skin lesions, wart removals
- Treatment of minor injuries such as lacerations, as well as casting and splinting sprains and broken bones
- Lab services as well as some radiology tests such as X-ray or EKG
Available any day or time of the week, our physicians place an emphasis on screening, prevention and continuity of care.
Family Medicine Research & Education
Visit the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University for more on research and education.
Schedule an Appointment
Learn more about family and community medicine at Jefferson Health.
Call 1-800-JEFF-NOW (1-800-533-3669) to schedule an appointment.