Emergency Department at Jefferson
Jefferson Health MyChart
Send messages to your doctor's office, request prescription refills and more with Jefferson Health My Chart. Learn how to sign up today.
The Emergency Department at Jefferson provides patients with access to excellent emergency care, whether for cuts and sprains or more serious injuries or illnesses, as well as the benefits of:
- 24-hour, seven-days-a-week care
- Treatment rooms with advanced diagnostic and monitoring equipment, including CT scanning
- Comfortable waiting area
- More private examining rooms
Jefferson's multidisciplinary teams throughout the Hospital, including those who specialize in chest pain, stroke, trauma, sexual assault and sickle cell, assist the emergency medicine physicians in offering comprehensive, advanced-care options.
Jefferson's Fast Track Service
Available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the week and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the weekends, our Fast Track Service meets the needs of patients with relatively routine emergencies.
Emergency Care Resources
For more serious conditions, patients of the Emergency Department at Jefferson can take advantage of these Hospital resources:
- Chest Pain Center – accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, our Center leverages the expertise of cardiologists, emergency physicians and nurse specialists. Our team uses proven protocols to help identify and treat the early stages of a heart attack – which, in some cases, can prevent or even reverse damage to the heart muscles.
- Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center – one of the few hospitals with such a center
- Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of the Delaware Valley – designated as one of the nation's 14 Model Spinal Cord Injury Centers by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research in the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
- Sickle Cell Program – our board-certified physicians actively participate in research including clinical trials of new therapeutic approaches to sickle cell disease
- Stroke Center – one of the most advanced and acclaimed centers in the U.S. for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research of stroke.
Emergency Medicine Research & Education
Visit the Department of Emergency Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University for more on research and education.
Where to Seek Emergency Care
Center City Philadelphia
Jefferson University Hospital
132 South 10th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(On the corner of 10th and Sansom Streets)
Jefferson Methodist Hospital
2301 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148
In a true medical emergency, always go to the nearest emergency room or call 911.
Bernard L. Lopez, MD
Academic Title: Professor
Executive Vice Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine
Team Emergency Physician, Philadelphia Flyers
Associate Dean, Diversity and Community Engagement, Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Associate Provost, Diversity and Inclusion, Thomas Jefferson University |