The Jefferson Center for Autism and Neurodiversity provides these valuable resources to better assist the members of our community.
Visual stories help patients with Autism understand and prepare for activities that they may come in contact with on a day-to-day basis.
- Breast Health: Mammograms can help in monitoring signs of breast cancer, here's what to expect before, during and after the screening.
- COVID-19: A visual guide that explains the Coronavirus, as well as prevention strategies like hand washing.
- COVID-19 and Social Distancing: Why it's important to stay six feet apart from other people, as well as the role that masks and face coverings play.
- COVID-19 Testing: A step-by-step look at what goes into getting tested for the Coronavirus, from going to the testing site to what the swab feels like.
- Going Back to School: After the hiatus from COVID-19, heading back to the classroom will look and feel different. Here's what to expect.
- Primary Care: All about why we go to the doctor, what to expect at a doctor’s visit and how to follow the doctor’s advice.
- Telehealth Visit: What to expect when you see your doctor online, instead of in-person, including any problems that may arise like spotty internet connection.
- Women's Health: Before visiting the Women's Health Center, this guide walks patients through the entire process, from making an appointment to checking out.
These are strategies to help patients with Autism, as well as their families, better understand and prepare for activities they may come in contact with on a day-to-day basis.
- Strategies for Families Affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Strategies for ADHD in the Time of COVID-19
- Strategies for Making Masks and Face Coverings During COVID-19
Watch this helpful video from our team regarding the importance of masks and face coverings during the COVID-19 crisis and learn how to masks at home with your child.
We highly recommend these additional respected and reputable sources for extra guidance and information regarding Autism.
- Jennifer Cook's #COVIDeoBundle: A learning-at-home video series from Autism in Heels author Jennifer Cook.