Cancer Clinical Trials
Our nationally-ranked cancer experts aren't just on our team. They're on yours. We're here for you during your treatment and long after. Learn More>
Our cancer specialists and researchers are at the forefront of their fields and are leading the way in developing new therapies and procedures for diagnosing and treating patients. Clinical trials are the best way physicians have to translate exciting scientific developments into treatments that will be valuable to our patients.
Clinical Trials Advance Cancer Care
Years ago, little was known about the different types of each specific cancer or about how the unique nature of each cancer type could affect treatment outcomes.
Today, we have learned that clinical trials have changed cancer treatment from a one-size-fits-all approach to a choice of more tailored therapies which have made both longer life and improved quality of life after cancer treatment a reality for so many men and women. These treatment breakthroughs never would have happened without the thousands of individuals choosing to participate in clinical trials.
Why Should You Participate In A Clinical Trial?
- You may have access to new medicines, combinations of medicines or treatment methods that are not otherwise available to you.
- Your cancer treatment is closely monitored by both your clinical and research team members.
- If a new treatment works, you may benefit from it before it is generally available to others.
- Some trials give you access to complementary treatments or supportive therapies.
- To search the clinical trials related to cancer, visit the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center's research website.
To find out if a clinical trial might be right for you, ask your healthcare provider or contact the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center Clinical Research Management office at 215-955-1661.