Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant Center
If you are one of the thousands of people in the Delaware Valley who has advanced heart failure, seek expert care at the Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Center at the Jefferson Heart Institute in Philadelphia. We provide cardiac patients with leading-edge medical and surgical options including state-of-the-art heart transplants.
Our proven track record in successful patient outcomes and our continuing advances in heart failure research are why the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute — a global leader in heart disease research, training and education — selected Jefferson for an $11.6 million grant to study heart failure. We are the Philadelphia area's gold standard for your cardiac care.
Why Choose Jefferson for Your Heart Transplant?
Among the Best in Heart Care
- The first hospital in Pennsylvania to implant a Jarvik 2000 Heart Assist System
- One of the highest patient survival rates in the Delaware Valley for heart transplants and heart plus other organ combination transplants
- Led by physicians who have collectively cared for more thousands of heart transplant patients and actively participate in the care of patients who have congestive heart failure, cardiomyopathies and ventricular assist devices (VAD)
- Led by surgical teams who perform multiple organ transplants for patients who have serious illnesses and multiple organ failure
- One of the few hospitals in the nation to offer the SynCardia Total Artificial Heart
- Certified by The Joint Commission for Ventricular Assist Device Destination Therapy and Transplant
- One of the highest volumes of VAD procedures in the Philadelphia region
- Clinical trials using innovative drugs and monitoring devices not widely available at other cardiac treatment centers
- Received three out of five rating by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients for one-year heart patient survival transplantation outcomes – July, 2019.
- Designated as a Transplant Center of Excellence by OptumHealth
- Offers a Two-Week Evaluation and Listing Process - a time-condensed evaluation strategy tailored for each patient's unique physical, psychological and financial situation.
- Actively involved in major clinical trials, including those involving VAD devices like HeartMate III® as well as the use of asprin with the HeartMate II®
Our Team Approach to Your Individualized Care
One of Jefferson's hallmarks is our team approach to patient-centered care. Your personally assigned transplant coordinator helps you through every step of the process — from your initial evaluation and tests, to placement on the organ waitlist, to preparing for your heart transplant surgery and ongoing follow-up — to provide you with peace of mind.
At Jefferson, you can often see all of your specialists in one day, so you won't need to schedule multiple visits to meet with all your heart care providers. Our team of highly experienced physicians, nurses and counselors works together to outline a strategy tailored for your unique physical, psychological and financial situation, regardless of your stage of heart disease. We also collaborate with other medical specialists within Jefferson to make sure we address all your healthcare needs.
Our continuity of care includes putting you in touch with a support network of specially trained nurses, social workers and fellow transplant survivors. We also consult with your referring physician throughout the entire course of your cardiac treatment. In addition, we work with you to determine the best and most convenient location to receive your pre– and post–operative care. Our goal is to create a sustainable plan for your continued health.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Heart Failure & Transplant Team
Call 1-800-JEFF-NOW (1-800-533-3669) for a personal consultation.