Mindfulness Tools for Health Care Professionals - Online Course
Adding mindfulness skills to your professional practice can be an antidote to chronic stress as well as aid in the prevention of compassion fatigue.
Research on the effects of mindfulness training for healthcare providers provides evidence for decreased burnout, improved mood, increased compassion, and better communication with patients. Whether you are a physician, nurse, psychotherapist or physical/occupational therapist, mindfulness can help you foster your own self-care and make better clinical decisions.
Participants are asked to make a strong commitment to attend all sessions, and to practice mindfulness techniques on a daily basis throughout the six-session program.
*This program relies on Zoom video conferencing
Participants will be able to:
- Directly experience key mindfulness practices to manage day to day challenges with more ease and balance
- Describe the attitudinal foundations of mindfulness
- Review the evidence for mindfulness-based interventions in medicine
- Apply techniques of mindful communication in professional and personal life
- Utilize mindfulness practices to increase therapeutic presence and counteract compassion fatigue
- Apply simple mindfulness practices for use with clients and patients
Course Fee: $375
Facilitators: Robin Boudette, PhD and Lesley Williams RN, MSN
Continuing Education Credit Hours:
Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors
National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Pennsylvania Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop and 9 credit hours will be awarded for its completion. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors (Section 47.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.
Cost: $15 for NASW members and $25 for non-members, check made payable to NASW.
Psychologists and Nurses
Nine (9) credit hours available for psychologists and nurses. International Seminars Group (ISG) is a co-sponsor of this course. ISG is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists and by the Florida Board of Nursing to sponsor continuing education for nurses.
Cost: $36 payable to ISG. For more details click here.
Please note that space is limited and there is an application process. For application instructions, email email@example.com.
* This program relies on Zoom video conferencing.