2-Day Mindfulness-Based Inquiry Training
A 2-Day Intensive for Mindfulness Teachers & Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapists
The inquiry process is a core element of all Mindfulness-Based Interventions (MBIs). Through instruction, demonstration and direct practice, this training intensive will provide mindfulness teachers and those bringing mindfulness into their work the opportunity to develop an understanding of the theories, intentions and specific elements of mindful inquiry, as well to develop skill and confidence in facilitating the inquiry process.
We will explore the foundational qualities that are important to embody when doing mindful inquiry, learn skillful ways of questioning /dialoguing, and address challenges that arise when facilitating inquiry.
Participants will practice self-inquiry and inquiry in dyads and small groups. They will receive constructive feedback from their peers and instructors to help them refine their skills. There will be periods of guided meditations and silence for deepening personal mindfulness practice. This will support an embodied presence that is at the core of all mindful inquiry.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the function of inquiry in mindfulness-based interventions
- List the components and characteristics of mindfulness-based inquiry
- Explain the three layers of the inquiry process
- Utilize mindful self-inquiry and assess the effects on mind and body
- Apply skillful methods to create safety to support the inquiry process
- Demonstrate proficiency in using mindful inquiry to encourage clients/patients to explore their present moment experience
This training has been approved for twelve (12) CE hours for social workers through NASW. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors (Section 47.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. (Cost of CEs: $15 for NASW members and $25 for non-members payable to NASW).