Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals Among Top Hospitals in the Country
Jefferson Health continues its record of excellence in healthcare with recognition from U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of top hospitals and specialties.
In addition to ranking in the top 10 facilities in the Philadelphia metro area (2nd) and Pennsylvania (3rd), 8 of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's specialty programs have been recognized.
Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health ranks 6th in the Philadelphia region and 11th in the state.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's 2019-20 Nationally Ranked Specialties
Learn more about our nationally ranked specialties as well as the metrics and methodology behind the rankings by visiting U.S. News Health Care or selecting any of the highlighted specialties below.
- Ophthalmology - Jefferson's Department of Ophthalmology (Wills Eye Hospital) ranks 2nd in the nation
- Orthopedics - Ranks 10th best hospital in the nation (Rothman Orthopaedics at Jefferson Health and Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center)
- Ear, Nose & Throat - Jefferson is the 21st best hospital in the nation
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - Ranks 21st best hospital in the nation (Vickie & Jack Farber Institute for Neuroscience – Jefferson Health)
- Cancer - Ranks 23rd best hospital in the nation (Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Jefferson Health)
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - Jefferson is the 16th best hospital in the nation
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - Ranks 48th in the nation
- Geriatrics - Jefferson's Geriatric Medicine ranks 38th in the nation
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Named as High Performing in Four Specialties