Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals Among Top Hospitals in the Country
Jefferson Health continues its record of excellence in healthcare with recognition from U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of top hospitals and specialties.
In addition to ranking in the top 10 facilities in the Philadelphia metro area (2nd) and Pennsylvania (3rd), 10 of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's specialty programs have been recognized.
Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health ranks 7th in the Philadelphia region and 13th in the state.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's 2018-19 Nationally Ranked Specialties
Learn more about our nationally ranked specialties as well as the metrics and methodology behind the rankings by visiting U.S. News Health Care or selecting any of the highlighted specialties below.
- Ophthalmology - Jefferson's Department of Ophthalmology (Wills Eye Hospital) ranks 2nd in the nation
- Orthopedics - Ranks 4th best hospital in the nation (Rothman Institute at Jefferson and Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center)
- Rehabilitation - Ranks 13th best hospital in the nation (Magee Rehabilitation Hospital)
- Ear, Nose & Throat - Jefferson is the 15th best hospital in the nation
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - Ranks 19th best hospital in the nation (Vickie & Jack Farber Institute for Neuroscience – Jefferson Health)
- Cancer - Ranks 26th best hospital in the nation (Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center – Jefferson Health)
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - Jefferson is the 32nd best hospital in the nation
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - Ranks 39th in the nation
- Geriatrics - Jefferson's Geriatric Medicine ranks 40th in the nation
- Nephrology - Ranks 43rd in the nation
- Urology - Jefferson is the 43rd best hospital in the nation
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Named as High Performing in Three Specialties