The media relations department adheres to the guidelines set forth under the privacy regulations of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) when releasing patient conditions.
Members of the news media can contact the media relations office at 215-955-6300, or MediaRelations@jefferson.edu, to request a patient condition. Please provide the patient's first and last name. In most cases, we will be able to provide a one-word condition that is described as follows:
- Undetermined: Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released: Received treatment but not admitted.
- Treated and Transferred: Received treatment, transferred to a different facility.
Filming & Photography Guidelines
The media relations department must be notified prior to any recording, filming or photographing on Jefferson campuses. In addition, all members of the media must be accompanied by a media relations representative while on a campus assignment. Please call 215-955-6300, or email MediaRelations@jefferson.edu to schedule a visit.