In This Section
Preparing for Your Visit
- Clear liquids 4 hours prior to arriving for your MRI exam.
- You can take all medication as usual.
- Arrive 1.5 hours prior to your appointment time for registration and for the administration of oral contrast.
- There are no post-instructions after the MRI study. You can eat and drink accordingly.
Here's how to prepare for your MRI:
- No dietary restrictions
- No pacemaker
- Aneurysm clip (must know type, make/model and implant date)
- No neurostimulator
- No electrical pacer wires
- Heart valves (must know type, make/model and implant date)
- Patients with implantable devices should bring information with them
- No defibrillator