Welcome to Methodist Hospital, located in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Family, friends and visitors are vital to a patient's well-being and recovery.
In the interest of protecting our patients, visitors and staff from allergic reactions to latex, Methodist Hospital does not allow latex balloons on Hospital grounds. Latex-free alternatives include balloons that are Mylar, vinyl or plastic. Our Gift Shop is located on the first floor. It is adjacent to the Outpatient Pharmacy, just a short distance from the main lobby.
To protect the health and well-being of our patients, visitors, employees, students, and volunteers, Jefferson is a smoke-free campus. Smoking is not permitted in all Jefferson buildings and within 50’ of any entryway to or exit from Jefferson buildings, and within 50’ of driveways, canopies, archways and plazas. We are also smoke free in campus parking areas.
Visiting Hours at Methodist
Visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For our patients' safety:
- Only two visitors are permitted at any one time.
- In some cases, visiting hours are limited due to the special care required by certain patients. Exceptions to visiting hours may be made at the discretion of the nursing manager for the unit or the nursing supervisor for the Hospital.
- Children under 13 years of age are not permitted to visit patient areas. Please do not leave children unattended in the lobby.
- Methodist is a smoke-free campus. Smoking anywhere inside or outside the Hospital is prohibited.
- A visitor must wear a visitor's pass at all times. Passes are available from and should be returned to the lobby receptionist or security guard.