Influenza Vaccination Program
Information about the University Health Services' influenza vaccination will be provided this fall. Policies are being updated for the Enterprise with changes for our seventh year of mandatory vaccination.
The 2017/2018 UHS vaccination season began on October 2, 2017. As in 2016/2017, the quadrivalent seasonal vaccine will be administered by UHS.
For employees who wish to be vaccinated at an outside facility, please have this form completed.
Influenza Vaccination Exemptions
If you would like to request an exemption due to a medical or religious reason, the official form must be completed by your medical doctor or your religious leader annually and submitted by that year's annual due date (2018 deadline TBD). Requests for exemption will undergo a formal review and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Prevent the Spread of Germs
Respiratory hygiene is an important part of the influenza infection control plan. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requests we stop the spread of germs that can make you and others sick.
Influenza (flu) and other serious respiratory illnesses like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), whooping cough and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) are spread by cough, sneezing or unclean hands.
To help stop the spread of germs:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Put your used tissue in the waste basket.
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- You may be asked to put on a facemask to protect others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.