University Health Services
The primary activities of University Health Services are to provide the highest standard of medical care for students, occupational health services for employees and immunization screenings for volunteers of Jefferson.
Contracts with outside businesses have been undertaken to provide similar employment-related medical care. This service is intended to promote a safe and healthy environment of good morale and overall wellness and health for the Jefferson community.
If you are considering traveling to the Caribbean, Central & South America, Africa and the Pacific Islands, please visit the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention websites for the most up to date information:
Learn more by downloading our advisory notice (PDF).
Contact University Health Services
Hours of Operation:
- Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- We are closed every Thursday from noon to 1 p.m.
833 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Employee Activities Performed
- Pre-employment health examinations
- Routine vaccinations
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
- Job-specific vaccinations
- Work-related illness evaluations
- Tuberculosis screenings
- Fitness for duty evaluations
- Occupational exposure follow up
- Respirator medical evaluations/fit testing
- Medical surveillance examinations
UHS provides services to employees of the following organizations that are included in the employment-related health services contract: Wills Eye Health System and Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
Please note: Not all employees of the organizations listed above are covered by the employment-related health services contracts with UHS. To know if you are eligible to receive services at UHS, please contact your employer directly before arriving to UHS. The employers provide UHS with a list of their eligible employees. Upon arrival, the employee must have his/her employee ID badge and must be on the list provided by the employer to UHS in order to receive services. Employees will be directed to their employer if there is a discrepancy.
Student Activities Performed
- Pre-matriculation health requirement review (incoming students)
- Episodic care
- Annual tuberculosis screenings
- Clearances for affiliate health requirements
Volunteer Activities Performed
- Immunization review
- Annual tuberculosis screening
- Job specific vaccinations