University Health Services
The primary activities of University Health Services are to provide the highest standard of medical care for students, occupational health services for employees and immunization screenings for volunteers of Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson University Physicians.
Contracts with outside businesses have been undertaken to provide similar employment-related medical care. This service is intended to promote a safe and healthy environment of good morale and overall wellness and health for the Jefferson community.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- We are closed every Thursday from noon to 1 p.m.
Employee Activities Performed
- Pre-employment health examinations
- Routine vaccinations
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
- Job-specific vaccinations (Vaccinia, Botulinum Toxoid, Rabies, etc.)
- Work-related illness evaluations
- Tuberculosis screenings (pre-employment, annual, and post exposure)
- Job fitness screenings (return to duty, drug and alcohol testing, physical/psychological fitness for duty
- Occupational exposure follow up
- Respirator medical evaluations/fit testing
- Medical surveillance examinations (asbestos/lead/noise/rabies/animal workers)
UHS provides services to employees of the following organizations that are included in the employment-related health services contract:
Wills Eye Health System, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and Air Methods Corporation.
Please note: Not all employees of the organizations listed above are covered by the employment-related health services contracts with UHS. To know if you are eligible to receive services at UHS, please contact your employer directly before arriving to UHS. The employers provide UHS with a list of their eligible employees. Upon arrival, the employee must have his/her employee ID badge and must be on the list provided by the employer to UHS in order to receive services. Employees will be directed to their employer if there is a discrepancy.
Student Activities Performed
- Pre-matriculation health requirement review (incoming students)
- Episodic care
- Annual tuberculosis screenings
- Clearances for affiliate health requirements
Volunteer Activities Performed
- Immunization review
- Annual tuberculosis screening
- Job specific vaccinations
Contact University Health Services
University Health Services is located at:
833 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107