Frequently Asked Questions
Child Life is a program designed to meet the emotional and psychosocial needs of your child during their hospitalization. Through supportive educational services and activities, child life specialists promote positive coping and help your family adjust to the hospital experience.
To do this, child life specialists provide:
- Education on how to cope with illness and hospitalization
- Emotional support during medical procedures
- Developmentally appropriate explanations to your child about the sequence, nature and reasons for exams, procedures and surgery
- Education, through medical play, to help your child understand, prepare and appropriately express their feelings
- Support for siblings to help them understand their brother or sister's hospital stay.