Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) conditions can affect a child's hearing, learning, speech and sleep, and impact development.
Jefferson board-certified pediatric otolaryngologists in Center City Philadelphia have received special training in the unique care of children, for whom we perform a large volume of procedures, including tonsillectomies, ear tube placements, neck procedures and sinus procedures.
Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions We Treat in Children
Our otolaryngologists treat the following ENT conditions in children:
- Birth defects such as congenital abnormalities of the larynx and nasal passages
- Chronic ear problems and infections, including swimmer's ear
- Hearing loss
- Injury to the mouth, face or jaw
- Sinus problems such as bloody noses, nasal allergies and recurring sinus infections
- Throat problems such as recurring sore throats, enlarged tonsils and sleep apnea
- Neck masses, such as congenital conditions, infected lymph nodes and thyroid disorders
Why Choose Jefferson for Diagnosis and Treatment of ENT Conditions in Children?
When you and your child come to Jefferson for an ENT condition, you can expect:
- A comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis
- Nonsurgical and surgical treatment options
- An anesthesia team experienced in pediatrics, should surgery be needed
- A close partnership with the pediatric specialists at the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children