Liver Tumor Center
Jefferson has been at the forefront of treating liver diseases for more than 30 years. Our comprehensive Liver Tumor Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration of hepatologists, interventional and imaging radiologists, surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, anesthesiologists, nurse practitioners, social workers, transplant coordinators, and specialists in integrative medicine and, as necessary, palliative care.
Our distinguished specialists work together to provide patients with a thorough and coordinated one-day evaluation. Our doctors specialize in treating benign liver tumors, hepatocellular carcinomas, cholangiocarcinomas, neuroendocrine tumors and liver metastases failing regular chemotherapy. A Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson Nurse Navigator guides patients through their evaluations.
In addition to making several innovative clinical trials available to patients, Jefferson scientists and physicians are also facilitating leading-edge liver cancer research at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center through our unique Liver Bio Repository.
Why Choose Jefferson for Liver Tumor Treatment in Philadelphia?
- Innovative surgical treatments – including robotic-assisted liver resection utilizing the da Vinci® Surgical System, allowing for rapid discharge and recovery; and for selected patients, ex-vivo hepatic resection of cancer with re-implantation (auto-transplantation) of the liver
- Leaders in research – offering patients the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of clinical trials in liver cancer through the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson
- Multidisciplinary liver tumor committee – discusses treatment options and formulates an individualized, integrated treatment plan to best address a patient's particular needs
- Counseling from Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson social workers – available for patients' and their families' emotional and psychological needs
- Convenient satellite locations – consultations available in Doylestown, Bucks County, Pa.; Egg Harbor Township, NJ; and Delaware.