Jane & Leonard Korman Lung Center at Jefferson
Jefferson Pulmonary Associates Receives Highest Recognition
Jefferson Pulmonary Associates achieves Level 3 status as a Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) from the National Center for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Among the Nation's Best for Cancer
U.S. News has named Jefferson among the best hospitals in the nation for Cancer care.
If you or a loved one have a serious lung disease or are at risk of developing lung cancer, the Jane and Leonard Korman Lung Center at Jefferson in Philadelphia is committed toward achieving the best possible outcome and improving survival for every patient.
Using the most advanced screening methods, we quickly and accurately diagnose all types of lung conditions, including asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung cancer, lung nodule and sarcoidosis, among others.
Our physicians are experienced in minimally invasive surgeries and targeted radiation therapies that minimize discomfort.
Comprehensive Lung Care Services
The Korman Lung Center offers a full array of services and capabilities, including:
- Lung nodule screening and monitoring to identify if and when intervention for lung nodules is needed and identify early-stage lung cancer (or other lung diseases), using such advanced technologies as low-dose CT, endobronchial ultrasound and PET lung scans
- Diagnostic tests, minimally invasive surgeries and targeted radiation therapies to prevent progression of lung cancer (or other lung diseases), including:
- Bronchoscopy with endobronchial ultrasound; transthoracic needle biopsy
- Pleural procedures including pleuroscopy
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
- Robotic thoracic surgery
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), brachytherapy and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Conventional and targeted chemotherapy
- Intra-operative radiation therapy (IORT)
- Photodynamic therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- In addition to standard lung disease treatment, acupuncture, stress relief and nutrition plans, available at the Marcus Institute of Integrative Health at Jefferson
- Federally funded clinical trials and research to accelerate discoveries and innovation
A Team Approach to Your Lung Care
Working closely with the expert staff of the National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University, our team includes pulmonologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, clinician-scientist, internationally renowned scientists and nurse coordinator. The nurse coordinator conveniently guides you and your family through every step of care and offers smoking cessation support.
Our team is focused on earlier diagnosis, with an emphasis on a cure whenever possible and enhanced quality of life for all patients.