Jane and Leonard Korman Lung Center at Jefferson
The Jane and Leonard Korman Lung Center at Jefferson located in Philadelphia was formed to better understand lung disease through innovative research and expanded clinical programs for exceptional patient care.
Innovative new therapies for early diagnosis of lung disease are beginning to change the landscape of the field and the expected disease trajectory for many of these patients.
Focuses of the Jane and Leonard Korman Lung Center at Jefferson
The Center's priorities include:
- Expanding lung cancer care through development of a comprehensive program including evaluation and diagnosis through the Lung Cancer Screening Program and the Lung Nodule Clinic
- Growing surgical and oncologic care through partnerships with the Departments of Surgery, Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology
- Increasing focus on basic and translational research to enhance methods of detecting and treating a variety of lung diseases in the exam room
- Bringing clinical trials and the newest advances in molecular therapeutics and personalized medicine to Jefferson patients
- Noncancerous pulmonary disease care through the creation of the Asthma and Sarcoidosis Programs to improve outcomes for patients
- Ongoing disease prevention and advanced pulmonary diagnostic programs with the goal of disease prevention and halting lung disease before it develops