Gynecologic Oncology Program
Until Every Cancer is Cured
Ordinary moments become milestones when you've overcome cancer. Listen to some of our patients as they share their cancer milestones.
The experts within Jefferson's Gynecologic Oncology Program in Philadelphia provide comprehensive gynecological care for women who have been diagnosed with malignant and premalignant conditions of the reproductive organs including the cervix, ovaries, uterus, fallopian tubes, vagina and vulva.
Our approach translates to excellent coordination of your care from screening and diagnosis to treatment and follow-up care.
Why Choose Jefferson Gynecologic Services
Our team of top physicians, including medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists and radiologists are dedicated to providing comprehensive – yet highly specialized – treatment for all types and stages of gyencologic (GYN) cancer, including:
- Early and advanced stage cancer
- Metastatic cancer
- Recurrent or refractory disease
- GYN cancer during pregnancy
- GYN cancers in young women
- Rare GYN tumors
Our specially-trained support team, including nurse practitioners, oncology nurses, social workers, therapists and technologists, help make sure you receive personalized and coordinated care.
Advantages to Choosing Jefferson for GYN Oncology Care and Treatment
Here are a few reasons why Jefferson is right for you:
- Experienced, Fellowship-trained Multidisciplinary GYN Oncology Team
- Advanced radiation therapies which decrease side effects of treatment by targeting only areas that need to be treated
- Precision medicine and advanced GYN cancer treatments including, targeted therapies, molecular and genomic testing
- Experts in treating women with rare GYN cancers, including uterine sarcomas, Paget’s disease, germ cell tumor, gestational trophoblastic disease and adenosarcomas
- Nationally recognized research program with clinical trials featuring new targeted agents
- Expertise in surgical cytoreduction and debulking for ovarian cancer
- Minimally invasive surgery options including DaVinci robotic surgery for endometrial or cervical cancer staging
- Ability to perform sentinel lymph node mapping in vulvar, cervical and endometrial cancers
- Fertility-sparing surgeries such as radical trachelectomies for early stage cervical cancer
- Genetic counseling for women at risk of ovarian cancer
- Experienced oncology nurses available to help answer questions, arrange appointments with specialists and assist with developing your personalized treatment plan
- Oncology Social Worker to assist with the psychosocial impact of cancer treatment and provide valuable resources for care
- Services within Integrative Medicine and Cancer Educational and Patient Support Programs are available
- Renowned Fertility Program
- Dedicated professionals in Lymphedema and Cancer Rehabilitation
- Compassionate Palliative Care Service
Recognized Among the Best in GYN Cancer Care
- Jefferson Kimmel Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated Cancer Center
- Jefferson GYN Surgical Oncology is recognized for work in sentinel lymph node mapping which was incorporated into the 2014 National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) guidelines
- Jefferson University Hospital is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) for cancer services
Schedule an Appointment with our GYN Oncology Team
Call 1-800-JEFF-NOW (1-800-533-3669) to speak with a JEFF NOW® representative who will schedule an appointment for you.