Cardiac Rehabilitation Program (Outpatient)
Heart Health 101
Do you know how to maintain a healthy heart? Get heart smart tips, test your heart IQ, try healthy recipes and much more.
Jefferson Cardiac Rehabilitation is an AACVPR-certified program, recognized as leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation.
Offering the only outpatient program in Philadelphia, Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation at Jefferson's Methodist Hospital helps patients transition back to a normal, active life following a cardiac event or procedure. You're a candidate for outpatient cardiac rehab if you've had:
- A heart attack
- An angioplasty, coronary bypass, valve replacement or heart transplant
- Stable angina, irregular heart rhythms, congestive heart failure or cardiomyopathy
We Work with Patients on a Number of Key Areas
- Exercise. We will design an individualized, low-intensity aerobic exercise plan that uses various types of equipment. Activity starts at low levels and gradually increases in intensity.
- Nutrition. We will help you learn about the importance of healthy eating habits, weight control and limiting fat and cholesterol intake. We will also help you understand food labels and nutrition.
- Education. When you're better informed about your condition, you can take a more active and responsible role in your own recovery. We provide individual and group cardiac education that covers controllable risk factors for heart disease, smoking cessation, stress management and medication management.
- Support. Our staff is available to provide ongoing encouragement and emotional support, to answer questions and to discuss areas of concern.
Watch our educational video to learn more about the benefits of our program!
What Can I Expect from Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Working with the Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation team at Methodist, you may be able to:
- Reduce your risk of mortality following a heart attack
- Improve the efficiency of your heart
- Diminish cardiac risk factors
- Improve self-confidence
- Lower heart rate at rest and with increased activity
- Decrease blood pressure
- Enhance your sense of well-being
- Maintain proper weight
When Our Programs Are Offered
- Lasts 8 to 12 weeks
- Offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 8 a.m to 3 p.m.
- 1 hour per session
- Initial stress test required
- Upon completion of Monitored Program, offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon
Cardiac Rehabilitation is covered by most insurance plans. Co-pays may be necessary. A physician prescription is required.
Contact the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
To enroll in our program, call 215-952-9186. Patients of any age may participate.