Preparing for Your Visit
Before your appointment, take some time to prepare so that you can get the most out of your visit. Your Neurologist will need to know as much as possible about your medical history, including prior test results, treatments, and all medications you are taking or have taken in the past. It is very important that you provide detailed information about your symptoms and when they began to appear, even if you feel that a particular symptom is unimportant or embarrassing.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Medical history, including previous illnesses, hospitalizations, and treatments.
- Lab test results, X-rays, MRIs, and any other medical tests you’ve undergone. Contact your physician to see if they can be sent directly to your Neurologist.
- A list of your prescriptions and over-the-counter medications, including the dosage and frequency.
- A list of the questions you would like to ask.
- A comprehensive list of your symptoms and approximate time of onset/frequency.
- Sometimes it can help to bring a friend or relative to take notes and help you ask questions.
- Your insurance card, ID, and referral, if needed.
During Your Appointment
- Arrive early in case you need to complete any paperwork.
- Describe all of your symptoms as accurately as you can.
- Take notes or have your companion take notes for you.
- If you are unsure about something your Neurologist says, be sure to ask for clarification.
- Ask for web links or handouts you can refer to for more information.
- Follow your Neurologist’s directions. If you have any questions, call the office for more information.
- If your doctor has ordered diagnostic tests for you, make sure you understand everything you need to know about the test, including anything you need to do in preparation of your test appointment.
- If you have been prescribed medications, take them as prescribed. Do not discontinue any prescriptions without first consulting with your doctor.
- If you experience any changes or complications to your condition, or if you notice any side effects from your medications, call your Neurologist’s office.
- Be sure to keep any follow-up appointments to monitor your condition or check in as needed. Follow-through and persistence are key to successful treatment!
As you can see, visiting a Neurologist is not much different from seeing any other type of specialist. Our welcoming offices will be happy to answer any questions you have prior to your appointment to help you feel comfortable and prepared for your visit – just call us at 215-938-7730 for assistance.
All patients must agree to the following Prescription Medication and Refill Policy in which they:
- Will keep all appointments as recommended.
- Agree to allow 24-48 hours for prescription refills.
- Understand that prescription refills requested after 3:00 p.m. may not be seen until the next working day.
- Understand that a follow-up visit may be required from their physician in order to obtain a refill.
- Agree to take all medication exactly as instructed and should not change the dosage amounts or scheduled time to take the medication without first speaking to their physician.
- Understand that pain medications will not be phoned in after-hours or on weekends.
- Understand that MNG will not refill prescriptions that have been lost, stolen or otherwise misplaced.
- Will not combine any narcotic medication with the consumption of alcohol.
- Understand that they may be terminated from the practice with 30 days notice for noncompliance in the taking of their medications.
- Are aware that they will be terminated from the practice immediately if they:
- Obtain narcotics from any other physician while under our care.
- Give, trade or sell medications to others.
- Alter or forge a prescription (this is a felony and will be reported).
- Understand that the physician may refuse to prescribe pain medication if the patient does not agree to these terms.
Prescription Refill Procedure
If you require a refill for your prescription before your next scheduled appointment, please call your pharmacy and they will send a refill request directly to us.