Healthy Living/Healthy You is an 8-week program with one 55-minute session each week that combines scientific dietary principles with effective fitness techniques that are simple to learn and incorporate into daily practice. Anyone can benefit, regardless of current weight or fitness level.
The program covers vital health topics:
- Importance of Hydration
- Eating the Right Kind of Foods
- Importance of Whole Grains
- Healthy Snacking
- Eating Mindfully
- Replacing Bad Fats
- Reading Labels and Mastering Menus
- Sleeping Better
Each class includes a guided fitness activity:
- Customized Aerobic Exercises
- Flexibility and Posture Techniques
- Yoga 101
- Tightening the Body with Core Training
- Exercising with Elastic Bands and Ultra-Light Dumbbells
- Interval Training
- Fitness Fun
- Strategizing for Long-Term Success
The program costs $199 for Jefferson employees and $249 for the general public. Blue Cross reimbursement of $200 is available for eligible participants.
Space is limited. Please call 1-800-JEFF-NOW (1-800-533-3669) to register.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
This 8-week program will be held on the First Floor and runs eight consecutive Thursdays, ending on November 6.
Myrna Brind Center of Integrative Medicine
1013 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107