2-Day Mindfulness-Based Inquiry Training
A 2-Day Intensive for Mindfulness Teachers & Mindfulness-Based Psychotherapists
The inquiry process is a core element of all mindfulness-based interventions (MBIs). Through instruction, demonstration and direct practice, this training intensive will provide mindfulness teachers and those bringing mindfulness into their work the opportunity to develop an understanding of the theories, intentions and specific elements of mindful inquiry, as well to develop skill and confidence in facilitating the inquiry process.
We will explore the foundational qualities that are important to embody when doing mindful inquiry (curiosity, not knowing, trust, etc.), learn skillful ways of questioning /dialoging (what opens the space for inquiry, what closes the space) and address challenges that arise when facilitating inquiry. Drs. Reibel and Moss will demonstrate mindful inquiry in various contexts, including small and large group settings as well as with individuals.
Participants will practice self-inquiry and inquiry in dyads and small groups. They will receive constructive feedback from their peers and instructors to help them refine their skills.
There will be periods of guided meditations and silence for deepening personal mindfulness practice. This will support embodied presence that is at the core of all mindful inquiry. A personal mindfulness practice is a prerequisite for this training.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the function of inquiry in mindfulness-based interventions
- Define the components and characteristics of mindfulness-based inquiry
- Review the three layers of the inquiry process
- Directly experience mindful self-inquiry and assess the effects on mind and body
- Employ skillful methods to create safety to support the inquiry process
- Demonstrate proficiency in using mindful inquiry to encourage clients/patients to explore their present moment experience
Saturday, March 17 and Sunday, March 18, 2018
9:00 am- 5:00 pm on Saturday
9:00 am- 4:00 pm on Sunday
Bluemle Life Sciences Building
233 South 10th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
The fee for this course is $395 (full-time student fee is $295).
Continuing Education Credit Hours
Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
- Psychologists: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education credit programs. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Psychologists receive 12.0 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program. (Cost of CEs: $25 payable to JMBCIM).
- Nurses: As an American Psychological Association approved provider CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, (Provider Number CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing. Nurses completing this program receive 12.0 CE hours of credit. (No additional fee for nursing contact hours)
This training has been approved for twelve (12) CE hours for social workers through NASW. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors (Section 47.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. (Cost of CEs: $15 for NASW members and $25 for non-members payable to NASW).
To register, fill out this registration form and send with $100.00 deposit (checks made payable to "JMBCIM") to:
Jefferson-Myrna Brind Center of Integrative Medicine
1015 Chestnut Street, Suite 1212
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Or, to register using a credit card, please call 215-503-6741. Balance of payment due by March 1, 2018.
Refund policy: Full refund if cancellation is by March 1, 2018. No refunds given after this date.
For more information including information about lodging in the area, e-mail Diane.Reibel@jefferson.edu.