Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals Among Top Hospitals in Pennsylvania
Jefferson Health continues its record of excellence in healthcare with recognition from U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of top hospitals and specialties.
In addition to ranking in the top 10 facilities in the Philadelphia metro area (2nd) and Pennsylvania (3rd), eleven of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's specialty programs have been recognized.
Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health ranked 4th in the Philadelphia region and 7th in the state. And Aria-Jefferson Health is rated as a high performer in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and congestive heart failure.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's 2016-17 Nationally Ranked Specialties
Learn more about our nationally ranked specialties as well as the metrics and methodology behind the rankings by visiting U.S. News Health Care or selecting any of the highlighted specialties below.
- Ophthalmology - Jefferson's Department of Ophthalmology (Wills Eye Hospital) ranks 2nd in the nation
- Orthopedics - Ranked 7th best hospital in the nation (Rothman Institute at Jefferson and Philadelphia Hand Center at Jefferson)
- Ear, Nose & Throat - Jefferson is the 18th best hospital in the nation
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - Jefferson is the 19th best hospital in the nation
- Urology - Jefferson is the 22nd best hospital in the nation
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - Ranked 24th best hospital in the nation (Farber Institute at Thomas Jefferson University)
- Cancer - Ranked 29th best hospital in the nation (Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University)
- Diabetes and Endocrinology - Ranked 34th best hospital in the nation
- Geriatrics - Jefferson's Geriatric Medicine ranked 38th in the nation
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - Ranked 48th in the nation
- Nephrology - Ranked 49th in the nation
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Named as High Performing in Two Specialties