Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals Among Top Hospitals in the Country
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital makes U.S. News & World Report’s Honor Roll and ranks 16th Best Hospital in the country!
Jefferson Health continues its record of excellence in healthcare with recognition from U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of top hospitals and specialties.
In addition to ranking in the top 10 facilities in the Philadelphia metro area (2nd) and Pennsylvania (3rd), eleven of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's specialty programs have been recognized.
Abington Hospital – Jefferson Health ranks 11th in the Philadelphia region and 18th in the state. And Aria-Jefferson Health is rated as a high performer in the treatment of congestive heart failure.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's 2017-18 Nationally Ranked Specialties
Learn more about our nationally ranked specialties as well as the metrics and methodology behind the rankings by visiting U.S. News Health Care or selecting any of the highlighted specialties below.
- Ophthalmology - Jefferson's Department of Ophthalmology (Wills Eye Hospital) ranks 2nd in the nation
- Orthopedics - Ranks 4th best hospital in the nation (Rothman Institute at Jefferson)
- Ear, Nose & Throat - Jefferson is the 8th best hospital in the nation
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - Jefferson is the 17th best hospital in the nation
- Cancer - Ranks 20th best hospital in the nation (Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University)
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - Ranks 21st best hospital in the nation (Farber Institute at Thomas Jefferson University)
- Diabetes and Endocrinology - Ranks 26th best hospital in the nation
- Urology - Jefferson is the 27th best hospital in the nation
- Geriatrics - Jefferson's Geriatric Medicine ranks 38th in the nation
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - Ranks 41st in the nation
- Nephrology - Ranks 48th in the nation
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Named as High Performing in Two Specialties