Blue Distinction Center for Transplants
Independence Blue Cross has designated Thomas Jefferson University Hospital as a Blue Distinction Center for Transplants®. We have been recognized for demonstrating expertise in the following transplants:
- Adult Liver (deceased donor)
- Adult Liver-Kidney
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital was evaluated based on an objective, evidence-based selection criteria established with input from expert physicians and medical organizations. The goal of Blue Distinction® is to identify medical facilities that deliver better overall quality and medical outcomes for a specific area of specialty care, helping patients and doctors to make more informed hospital choices.
By earning this national designation, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital has demonstrated:
- An established program, performing required annual volumes for certain procedures
- Appropriate experience of its care team
- Full facility accreditation by a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)-deemed national accreditation organization
- Adherence to evidence-based clinical care measures and guidelines
- A comprehensive quality management program
To learn more about Blue Distinction®, please visit www.bcbs.com or contact your local Blue Plan.