For more than 184 years, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals have provided patients with superb clinical care in a compassionate and safe setting. We are dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve as well as others who step through our doors.
Throughout our history, we have been fortunate to receive the support of our patients and neighbors. Their generosity helps move us forward and is a key factor in our ability to achieve our goals.
There are countless opportunities available to support Jefferson. Please help us as we continue to shape the future of clinical care, medical education and research.
Office of Institutional Advancement
The Office of Institutional Advancement was established in 2005 to ensure and expand the philanthropic funding and financial health of Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals and Thomas Jefferson University.
Your contribution will advance Jefferson's mission of patient care, education and discovery by:
- Improving the quality of patient care
- Providing unrestricted funds to meet the most urgent needs
- Supporting research and scientific discovery
- Strengthening faculty to maintain academic excellence
- Growing the capabilities and impact of academic departments
- Providing scholarship assistance for students
- Initiating new educational programs
- Enlarging the pool of endowed funds to secure Jefferson's future
Learn more about the Office of Institutional Advancement >
Blood Donor Center
The Blood Donor Center at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals collects blood from:
- Autologous (a patient donates their own blood in advance of their potential need for it)
- Directed Donors (someone donates their blood specifically on a patient's behalf)
The Center uses the most stringent procedures to assure the safety of its donors and of the blood that it supplies to Jefferson's Blood Bank. All products collected are tested according to FDA recommendations to ensure their safety.
Learn more about the Blood Donor Center >
Tackling Breast Cancer
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals are proud to partner with the Philadelphia Eagles in the Tackling Breast Cancer campaign to benefit the Jefferson Breast Care Center.
With your generous donation to the Jefferson Breast Cancer Center, you're helping to provide leading-edge technology, the newest treatments and comfortable surroundings for both men and women.
Whether looking for a digital mammogram, a second breast surgical opinion, advances in radiation and chemotherapy or genetic testing, the Jefferson Breast Care Center is designed to make services convenient and accessible for everyone.
Jefferson is one of only thirty centers in the nation accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
You can support the Tackling Breast Cancer campaign by purchasing your Eagles pink hat and pink ribbon shirt during the month of October and beyond at the following locations:
- Jefferson Medical and Health Science Bookstore at 1009 Chestnut Street
- The lobby gift shop of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's Gibbon Building at 111 South 11th Street
- The Eagles Pro Shop at Lincoln Financial Field
- Online at www.philadelphiaeagles.com
Proceeds from the Eagles pink hat and pink ribbon shirt sale benefit the Jefferson Breast Care Center. Merchandise available for a limited time.